|Daniel R. DeHart is a highly qualified and licensed Adjuster, all lines, with over 30 years of service to underwriters worldwide.|
He founded and managed well known Marine & Energy Surveying and Adjusting firm for 15 years.
He has been a Yacht and Small Craft Surveyor/Adjuster for last 10 years.
He is an acknowledged expert, consultant and business strategist who builds long-term customer relationships worldwide:
Licensed Adjuster - Type 01, State of Texas. 1972-2013
- Started and built multinational company with 25 employees and offices in Houston and London.
- Rendered services for 100+ companies in 49 countries worldwide.
- Known worldwide as expert in industry by major clients for over 20 years on insurance policy coverage issues.
- Recognized by worldwide energy insurers, including Lloyds of London, as a top insurance adjuster for over 20 years.
- For 20 years, involved in many of largest and most historically significant Energy/Marine Casualties occurring worldwide.
- Experienced in the handling Yacht & Small Craft Claims for underwriters since 1970.
- Recently worked for Continental Airlines as Hull Claims Manager, and an internet Insurance Salvage Website.
- Advanced Xactimate 24 Certified CAT Property Adjuster, 11 storms worked 2004-2008, also handling Yacht Claims.
- Extensive global travel - 49 countries visited, over 4,000 casualties handled.
Licensed Insurance Agent, State of Texas, 2010-2013
Former Certified FEMA Adjuster
US Coast Guard Licensed Master - 200 Tons with Aux.Sail Endorsement. (expired)
Former Yeoman, Mate and Skipper, Houston Mariners Club. Served on Seminar Planning Committee, 1966 - 1969.
Page, US House of Representatives, 1964 - 1965.
- Yacht & Small Craft Surveyor & Adjuster, Dan DeHart & Co., Marine Survey Masters , Houston, TX 1998 - Present
Handling Yacht Hull, Marina Operators PD & Liability and other Marine Claims and worked briefly for Continental Airlines as Hull Claims Manager ( present on 9/11). Worked 11 storms including Hurricanes "Ivan", "Katrina", "Rita" and "Wilma"and "Ike" as a CAT Property Adjuster and Yacht Surveyor and Adjuster from Texas to Florida. Performing Yacht and Small Craft Insurance Damage Surveys and Condition & Valuation Surveys since 1998.
- Chairman of the Board and President, DeHart, Hopkins & Rodriguez, Inc., Houston, TX (see below) 1990 - 1998
President and Chief Executive Officer, Tynan & DeHart International, Inc., Houston, TX 1985 - 1990
Started company to provide worldwide energy adjusting services; grew to 8 employees. Provided services for major clients in energy and marine losses, with claims up to $75 million. In 1990, acquired Tynan's interest and continued operations with new partners and renaming firm DeHart, Hopkins & Rodriguez, Inc. Opened office in London; 25 employees company wide.
- Vice President, Noble Denton & Associates, London, UK / Houston, TX 1982 - 1985
Recruited by London-based marine surveying and engineering firm to start an energy adjusting operation.
- Energy Claims Adjuster and Marine Surveyor, Matthews-Daniel Company, Houston, TX 1979 - 1982
Managed claims including control of well, onshore/offshore property and rig physical damage, construction, pollution, liability etc.
- Adjuster, Crawford & Company / Highlands Insurance Company 1969 - 1979
Obtained initial knowledge of broad range of coverages and claims.
- Personal: Married, two children, Excellent health, experienced first responder to disasters, etc. Avid yachtsman (power and sail), above average computer and organizational skills.